In light of the COVID-19 precautions...
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or use hand sanitizers that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid close contact with anyone who appears sick.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then toss the tissue in the trash.
Disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
Talk to your doctor if you develop symptoms.
Stay home if you develop symptoms.
Avoid nonessential travel to areas with active COVID-19 outbreaks.
Visit the website for your local health department for updates.
If you are caring for an older adult:
Know what medications are needed and help them have extra.
Monitor food and medical supplies and have a back-up plan.
Stock up on non-perishable food to reduce shopping trips.
If a loved one is in a care facility, monitor the situation, ask about the residents and know the protocol if there is an outbreak.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Monday, July 10, 2017
- using brown sugar instead of white
- using lemon pie filling (Yes, that’s basically a Lemon Meringue Pie)
- adding chocolate to the custard
- adding 2 Tablespoons butter to the hot custard after it’s been removed from the heat
- adding a layer of banana (mashed or slices) underneath the custard
- adding finely cut coconut to the crust
- adding coconut to the custard and sprinkling coconut on top of the meringue or whipped cream topping (This was called a Gigolo Pie)
- not adding the meringue or whipped cream topping, but serving a slice with a dollop of whipped cream and sliced strawberries
1 1/4 Cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
3 egg whites, room temperature
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp of cream of tartar