Saturday, January 22, 2011

Anna Sultana's Qaghag tal-Gulglien - Sesame Ring Biscuits, Maltese Style

On the good side, it's nice to know you're visiting my blog.
On the bad side...
Sheesh, you don't have to bite my head off.

I know I haven't had a recipe from my Ma for a while.

Well, she didn't have favorite booze recipes.
And, to be honest, she didn't cook many chocolate cookies or cakes.

So, this week I'm skipping Carmela's Entertaining with The Sopranos and giving you a recipe from Ma's cookbook.

Here's a recipe for Ma's Qagħag tal-ĠulglienSesame Ring Biscuits.



                        Qagħag tal-Ġulglien

Grease a large cookie sheet
Preheat oven to 400º 
In a large mixing bowl, beat 
100 g lard
100 g margarine
200 g sugar
----- 
Add
2 eggs, beaten
----- 
Mix in
400 g flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Work into a dough by adding 
a little milk
----- 
Form dough into 15 to 18 rings.
Dip each ring into
50 g sesame seeds
Put the rings on the greased pan.
Bake about 30 minutes (until they are golden).
These were also called biscuits.

Yes, more confusion when we learned about English and American biscuits.

Will I make them again.
Sure.
They're good to dip in a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Spam will not be posted.