Sunday, May 10, 2015

Carmela Soprano’s Shrimp Aragonate

Got an email.
Could I post the recipe for Carmela’s Shrimp Aragonate?
Ah…  Shrimp Aragonate… Great recipe… in a lousy post.

It was one of the early Carmela recipes from the Entertaining with The Sopranos cookbook that I had posted about.
About is the operative word.

When I started posting Carmela’s recipes in 2010 I wasn’t particularly big on details.
Just a chatty piece, with a quick description of the ingredients and comments about how much Paul and I enjoyed eating it.
I know, big help.

Together they made for a really great meal.
A year after that first post I got an email asking for the cake recipe.
Nobody asked for the Shrimp Aragonate recipe.
Until now.

Shrimp Aragonate can be served either as an appetizer or as a main course.
Either way, it’s quick, easy and delicious.
And Paul and I really liked it.


Hints:

In the recipe Carmela used fresh bread crumbs made from Italian or French bread, with the crusts removed.
I used store-bought unseasoned bread crumbs.
The box didn't say what country they came from.
I would guess Canadian.

She also used 1/3 Cup chopped fresh flay-leaf parsley.
I used 1/4 Cup dried.

What can I say?
Paul and I really liked it.


                        Shrimp Aragonate

Serves 6

Oil a large baking pan.

Cut into wedges
2 large lemons

In a medium bowl combine
1 Cup bread crumbs
1/3 Cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (or 1/4 Cup dried)
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Stir in
1/8 to 1/4 Cup olive oil (just enough to moisten the crumbs)

Arrange on the oiled baking pan in a single layer
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Curl each shrimp into a circle.

Preheat the oven to 450º F

Spoon some of the bread crumb mixture onto each shrimp.
Bake 10 minutes - the crumbs should be browned and the shrimp should be cooked through when cut in the thickest part. 
Place the shrimp on a large serving platter.
Garnish with the lemon wedges.

Serve hot or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Spam will not be posted.